Sunday, May 27, 2007

The most memorable phase of my life…

The most memorable phase of my life…the one year I dropped for IIT preparation…


It all started with me joining a corporate college for IIT preparation after passing 12th. The next day I see a guy running away unable to withstand the binding rules of the campus. Indeed a great start…aint it?


I now try hard to cope up with the new habitat around me. A couple of guys came down all the way from places 2000km far to fulfill their dream of getting into one of the IITs (Of course that was one of my dreams…now don ask me about the others!). Tried to get along with new buddies but was in vain. So thought of shifting to Hyderabad branch of the same institute…that’s coz I had a classmate (XI and XII call him BSR) of mine in this branch.


Now another new world tarrying my entry…The entry itself was so frightening tat I had to throw a gift (which I bought for a spl one!). I threw it in the cellar of the apartments that stood near by. I search for the place I gotta report…irony of my fate...it’s the same apartments where I threw my gift! After all the formalities, my friend (BSR) accompanies me to dining hall. I go for hand wash and find out the one I threw lying there…and there it lied before being drained away by rain water.


I started making new friends with the help of BSR. For a few days everything seemed to be fine. As the days passed on, I started delving into the ones living around me.


I’ve seen a guy who claimed to be a disciple of Vivekananda. But all he did was starting/igniting unnecessary conflicts with the guys around him. Indeed a great disciple of Vivekananda…isn’t he?


I’ve seen a guy who always knew that he was making a wrong decision by preparing for IIT, but still wanted to go with it for the sake of satisfying his ego.


I’ve seen a guy who wanted to take up the challenge of clearing the JEE, but was always demoralized by his parents’ inability to educate him.


I’ve come across two best buddies (as they claim) around, who ended up in a fight, for their egos were targeted in their friendly exchanges.


I’ve seen a guy who always wanted to keep a sect (caste) of guys out of his arena and did everything he can for the same.


I’ve seen a guy from the sect targeted by the above one, who wanted to retort back with a proper answer (what else…blows!) but somehow managed to keep his cool.


I’ve seen a guy who had to undergo psychological treatment for becoming a psychopath...reason being his jealousy and fear about the future.


I’ve seen a warden of my dorm who almost everyday. Also I saw a caretaker who involved in a relation with the poor sweeper.

I’ve seen a guy from Orissa, building a very good rapport with us. I remember him watching a Mega Star’s movie six times just to watch the songs (obviously, he liked the heroine!). How can I forget that he also made his Dad watch the same movie, during his visit to Hyderabad!!!


I’ve seen my close friend (BSR) in a mentally disturbed state with all those incidents happening around him during his first ever stay in a hostel.


I’ve seen another close friend of mine (Baava is what I call him...) who stood with me, keeping his cool…uttering those cacophonic verses from AR Rehman’s songs.


I’ve seen an ex-military guy teaching us not only math but also life, thanks for his short and smart “Doha’s”.


I’ve followed a bus-stop story (our dorm was next to the bus stop) wherein a guy used a girl who was after him to catch up another girl....


I’ve seen guys staring at the nearby girls block, waiting for the sign of consent from them…(although they knew it would never happen!!! :-) )


I remember the day I engaged in a verbal exchange with my best buddies…BSR and Baava over an issue…Of late I am proven wrong:-) I still remember the way we parted that day...


Time passed on and it all came to an end. How can I forget the day when tears rolled down my eyes for leaving the dorm...?


How can I forget the one year stay which made me even close to my best buddies BSR & Baava!!?


How can I forget the one year which was instrumental in the making of me???

4 comments:

Shubhankar said...

Man...Such an year seriously would have done wonders to prepare u for whats in store for u in this cruel & infinitely vast world...

But honestly..It is really sad...that the system we are in..Aims not at making students good engineers/doctors...but only at making them "get good ranks in IIT/AIEEE/EAMCET" etc etc...
Its an apalling shame...Wish I could do something to change this...*sigh*

Kireeti (a.k.a ARAGORN) said...

@shubhankar

Yes, that one year really prepared me to face the cruel realities...

Regarding the system we are in...it sucks...and yes probably we should do something to change it...first of all we have to change the stereotyped minds of the parents..

ĞǒǒğšMăštĕr™ said...

ULTIMATE

u rocks

u can earn money from your blog like me

see http://adsense-high-paying-keywords.blogspot.com/

and enjoy

also submit u r blog to GoogleSearch

http://www.google.com/addurl/

happy blogging and earning !!

thxx

Unknown said...

Hello Kireeti,

Thank you for introducing so many builders of your strong attitude...